Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Black and white landscape & architectural photography by Mike Diblicek

Media_httpfarm9static_kwdee

"Born in Hampstead – London, I’m a self taught British award winning photographer currently living in Eastern France. I first got interested in photography during my late teens, mainly through my father who was an avid photographer, having work published in various magazines and journals, as well as a number of international salons and solo exhibitions. I bought my first camera a Zenith EM, and used this to try and get to grips with apertures, shutter speeds and film speeds, which was fairly easy to get to grips with before moving onto a medium format Mamiya C220, but what I really lacked at time was the artistic ability, to transform what was in my head onto film, and after a while, frustration led to my interest in photography being put to one side. 25 years later, and with the digital age upon us, and the fact that I was working in a photographic studio, the fire was re-ignited: the fact that I was working with Photoshop on a daily basis and treating images in the office rather than in a darkroom, along with a chance visit to the social photographic website Flickr.

Posted via email from Inspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment