Friday, June 29, 2012

7 Rules of Listening, Really Listening

Media_http1bpblogspot_dsiaa

A few days ago, I got a message from one of my best friends. She asked if we could meet and maybe have a little chat. I didn’t hesitate and said yes. It was great way to catch up.

When we saw each other inside the quiet little café we agreed on, she immediately went onto a sort of rant right after the usual pleasantries. She lamented about how she had this huge problem with a co-worker and how the situation was upsetting her and disrupting her work life.

I listened while she talked, and although we both dropped a few jokes every now and then, I can see that her work situation was definitely weighing her down. The “rant” winded down after a while. She then heaved a sigh of relief and said, “What do you think?”

Posted via email from Inspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment