Monday, May 28, 2012

Creative photography by Sean Hawley

Media_httpfarm8static_qasgh

" I am a network engineer, a husband, and the father of two young boys. My typical subjects are those places I have explored since childhood and which feel like a part of me: primarily that region encompassing St. Louis and the Ozark plateau of Missouri.

All of my photos are shot with ambient light only. No HDR processing is used and no textures are added.

I have long been a student of philosophy and of the history of ideas, and I believe there is a strong element of Romanticism which infuses my work, as well as a bit of ‘Sturm und Drang’. In my photography, then, there is a palpable depth-of-feeling, especially in terms of confronting nature. As a Romantic, I avoid photography that merely reports, that aims for realism. Instead, I work to extract and display what is hidden, what is uncanny. " ~ Sean Hawley

Posted via email from Inspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment